Tuesday, April 16, 2013

EDUC Blog Post #4


EDUC 3100 Blog #4

Through this semester assignments I have learned much about myself and the different programs that have been used in our Technical Application for Teachers class. There are several resources I plan in using in my future classroom, Prezi, the podcast and, a digital story, are just a few that will be covered. The effort exerted on my behalf, dealing with these programs has been efficient enough to familiarize myself with them.

The value of my familiarization with these programs is insurmountable. They all have their place in the classroom and sometimes, at home. These applications allow the student to become better suited to understand different course material. It could be as simple as the students being able to pay more attention to a Prezi presentation rather than death by power point. Maybe instead of writing a 10 page research paper I could, one day, have my students put together a 10 minute digital story.

All of these applications are nice. However, they do not take the place of a great teacher. I do believe they have the capability to make a good teacher, a great educator. The world is moving into a new technology savvy age. Even young children have smart phones and, they know how to use them. Why not use this fact to one’s advantage.

I have enjoyed this class immensely. There are applications I am now familiar with that I fully plan on implementing in my own classroom. Prezi being the main one I have come to enjoy. It is different and can be somewhat entertaining. If there can a happy medium, where these applications can be used as an enhancement rather than a crutch, then the student can learn as much as you want to teach them. If used as a crutch, these featured are no good.



No comments:

Post a Comment